In celebration of Earth Day, April 22nd, millions of people around the world will do things a little differently to preserve resources and lighten their footprint on the Earth. Using Catalog Choice to reduce unwanted mail is a great start, but we thought we’d offer 5 more easy ways to get involved:
1. Get your hands dirty Volunteering is a great way to contribute on Earth Day and meet new friends in the process. If you want to find out about volunteering opportunities in your community, check out the Earth Day Network.
2. Donate to the Canopy Project. Planting a tree is one of the easiest and most effective ways to improve the environment—and your quality of life. If you don’t have the opportunity to plant trees in your community, you can simply donate to the Canopy Project. For every $1 you contribute, they’ll plant a tree.
3. Pay the “earth-friendly” way. Save natural resources by enrolling in online bills and statements. You’ll avoid paper, stamps, envelopes, and the fossil fuels used to transport the mail, which are all contributors to our damaged environment.
4. Creative commuting. Every gallon of gasoline your car burns emits about 20 pounds of carbon dioxide. Leave your car at home for the day, and try carpooling, mass transit, biking and walking to work if possible. Even just one day a week is significant!
5. Become a year-round Earth ambassador. Share your personal “green initiatives” with family and friends on Facebook or Twitter! When you inspire others to celebrate Earth Day and make environmentally conscious decisions year-around, you have truly made a difference.
Happy Earth Day from Your TrustedID and Catalog Choice Team!
Catalog Choice is a great way to save the environment. Join today and see how you can save the world.