The Newton Partnership’s Mentor Connection joined forces with Operation American Soldier to help pack packages for our troops deployed overseas. The operation was organized, upbeat, and quite compelling! The assembly line then fills packages addressed to deployed soldiers. Each package receives a personal note from the operation. Kathy Marchi said, “I could do this all day long! Such a small sacrifice to make such a big impact!”
[embedplusvideo height=”281″ width=”450″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/zb4nt986Dwg?fs=1&hd=1″ vars=”ytid=zb4nt986Dwg&width=450&height=281&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep1973″ /]
No Soldier walks away from mail call empty handed!
Operation American Soldier
215 Mt. Auburn St Watertown MA
- Snacks: Microwave Popcorn, Nuts, Pretzels, Energy bars, Pepperoni or sausage sticks, Beef jerky, Sunflower seeds, Protein Bars, Granola Bars, Fruit Snacks, Canned fruit.
- Cookies: Single serving size packs, cheese or peanut butter & crackers.
- Food: Soups, Raman noodles, Chef Boyardee, Tuna lunch kits, Tuna, Heat & eat, canned or packaged meals.
- Kool-aid, Gatorade: Crystal Light, and other powdered drink mixes, individual serving size are preferred.
- Dunkin Donuts: Flavored & Regular Coffee, Creamer, Tea bags, Cider Mix, hot chocolate.
- Clothes items: T-shirts, white tube socks, sports bras, bath towels.
- Toiletries items: Non-aerosol shaving cream, shavers, toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, feminine items, moisturizer, body & foot powder, wet wipes, hand sanitizers. lip balm, shampoo SMALL SIZES SHIP BEST
- Misc. items: Q-Tips, AA batteries, black pens, blank note cards, envelopes.
- Letters & cards, they love to receive mail: notes of appreciation, drawings or a holiday cards.
- During their brief off time our soldiers have access to DVD players (mostly personal laptops), and would love movies of all kinds. (we would prefer to refrain from sending war movies.)